Each Sunday, I bring you the best articles (according to me!) applicable to roller derby from around the web in 4 different categories: generally interesting, fitness, nutrition, and mindset. I scan the internet, but if you have articles that you’d like to submit you can send them to email@example.com for consideration.
Article of the Week
- “Agility ladders” don’t make you more agile…and they don’t make you fast, either. by Justass of the Piece/Roller Derby Strength Coach
- Because it drives me crazy when people post those videos of that guy that can do insane agility ladder stuff and say they want to do it so they can be better at derby. Just. No. And also, this is the an article I wish I had written.
- Q’s Tips: Habits You Should Steal From the Business World by Elektra Q Tion/Derby Central
- Find Your Tribe… And Your Identity by Kiki’N Da Teef
- The WFTDA Rankings System is Kind of Broken by Dylan Powell/The Derby Apex
- Those Old Chestnust: getting low and communicating by Kitty DeCapitate/Fitness Gone Rogue
- Tip: Work Glutes While Brushing Your Teeth by TC Luoma/T-Nation
- Train for Your Sport: Roller Derby Agility Workout by Brickyard
- Rest vs. Recovery by Octopus Prime/Iron Octopus Fitness
- 6 reasons eating healthy is harder than you think. Plus strategies to make it easier. by James Heathers, PhD/Precision Nutrition
- 14 Nutrition Facts Backed by Strong Evidence by Franziska Spritzler/Authority Nutrition
- How To Stick to Your Nutrition Goals While Traveling by Nicole DiMicco/Breaking Muscle
- 5 Reasons Why Donuts are Healthier than Crystal Meth by Yvonne d’Entremont/SciBabe (Rated M for language and graphic descriptions. You’ve been warned.)
- How to Kick the All-or-Nothing Approach to Fitness and Nutrition by Jen Comas/Girls Gone Strong
- Knowing What I Don’t Know by Maha El Nasser/Female Coaching Network
- Who Are You? And What Are You Doing Here? by Molly Grisham/Female Coaching Network
- For Better Performance, Give Yourself a Pep Talk by Susan Pinker
- On Success and the Illusion of Choice by Chris White
If you’re interested in more exclusive content, access to my FREE resource library, and the slightly weird workings of my inner mind, you can sign up for the Iron Octopus Fitness email list HERE. Wherein I harass you weekly with all things intelligent cross training, mindset, and…other.