Each Sunday, I bring you the best articles (according to me!) applicable to roller derby from around the web in 4 different categories: generally interesting, fitness, nutrition, and mindset. I scan the internet, but if you have articles that you’d like to submit you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Article(s) of the Week
- But What About Derby? On Finding Binary Space in This Sport by The Smacktivist/Derby Central
- This article has the most obvious application to non-binary and trans skaters, but I think it applies to all of us a little. I don’t consider myself an expert – or even particularly well-informed – in this topic, so I’m enjoying these pieces from Derby Central!
- Dear Derby, The Honeymoon Is Over. Now What? by Bob Noxious
- Addressing Gossip by Zonan the Barbarian/Roller Derby Solutions
- What Does It Take (Part 2) by Kitty Decapitate/Fitness Gone Rogue
- Team Comparison Charts – 2016 WFTDA Playoffs and Champs by Bitches Bruze/Promise of Derby (‘Cause data is cool.)
- Simplify Your Approach to Amplify Your Results by Nardia Norman/Breaking Muscle
- 4 Ways to Greatly Accelerate Your Recovery by Dr. John Rusin/T-Nation
- How intense workouts (and overtraining) can ruin your results by Dr. John Berardi/Precision Nutrition
- Learn to Conquer Lifting Complexes via Thrive as the Fittest
- Post-Workout Nutrition: What to Eat After a Workout by Arlene Semeco/Authority Nutrition
- Why We Know, But Don’t Do by Shawn Gerber/Breaking Muscle
- What’s the Point? Check In With Your Goals. by Josh Vogel/Breaking Muscle
- The Art of Making Excuses by Chris White/Breaking Muscle
- Make the Switch to Better Habits and Mindset by Shane Trotter/Breaking Muscle
If you’re interested in more exclusive content, access to my FREE resource library, and the slightly weird workings of my inner mind, you can sign up for the Iron Octopus Fitness email list HERE. Wherein I harass you weekly with all things intelligent cross training, mindset, and…other.